Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Two days left in Budapest

Well, our Hungarian adventure is almost over and our American adventure will shortly begin. What an adventure it has been!! While there are many things on this trip we have certainly enjoyed, there has also been many things not so enjoyable.

Mom and Dad McManus left this morning and for only 10 days here they sure got a taste of Budapest. Last week we took the subway to the Parliament. After coming out of the station, Thelma realized that their camera was gone! She remembers that someone behind here on the escalator was too close. He stole her camera! So they bought another one about 4 days ago. Well, I'll let Thema tell the rest of this story as she tells it so well.

"Interesting story....as we were going out for pizza, we were kind of smashed into a trolley train car. As we were exiting, Kristin had all six kids in hand and I was following up behind them. Tom and Ron were getting off the other exit. I noticed Kristin and kids moving up ahead....but where was T & R? I looked into the window and saw a commotion. It looked like Tom and Ron were wrestling with a man or two. Then I were grunting and something like...."He's got my camera...my camera.... and then more shoving and pushing and Tom holding the door open and Ron shoving and pushing...in fact there was so much shoving and pushing going on...I thought..."Oh no, not the camera we just bought!" Then I thought...I've got to get on quickly and help fight...then I saw Tom and Ron jump off the train....all the while the kids are safe with Kristin walking to Pizza Hut. I saw Tom and Ron were O.K. but did he have the camera? Yes, he did....after the two men (R&T) wrestled for it. A man had his hand in the camera case on Ron's belt under a shirt outside of his pants....the young man had the camera...then the action started... YAHOO...we have a camera. After the 1st one being taken, I think that Ron thought "NO WAY...IS ANOTHER CAMERA BEING STOLEN!" However, Ron was willing to step down and let it go if it got very ugly. Actually Tom went back on the train after exiting and held the man's hands while Ron tried to grab the camera...but then Ron had grabbed the guys hands too......This adventure is truly an adventure. The camera was eventually picked up off the floor and they exited as the doors slammed shut. Donna Steenbarger warned us to hold on to our stuff and she was right.When we told Kristin, she felt bad because she missed getting into the foray."

Also, please continue to pray for Gage. This past Saturday, Ron and Thelma took the six kids for a couple hours to give Kristin and I a break. They were out walking in a park and Gage must have turned his head funny and he is in a lot of pain. Gage bent over and started to moan. We got him into the tub to relax his muscles, as well as ice and heat. He was in a lot of pain. He is not doing much better and will be okay. He is very sore in the neck and can hardly turn his head.

Kristin and I just got back from the US Embassy and everything went well. The children will have dual citizenship. This afternoon we will receive the visa's and get back the passports. We will pack tomorrow and fly Thursday. The 3 newest members can't wait to go to America!

God Bless and again thank you for your prayers.
Tom, Kristin and Family

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! That sounds like movie material..... We will look at Ron and Tom in a whole new James Bond kind of way.... :) wrestling for stolen goods on a train that could leave any minute for another station!!! And Thelma- going to jump on and help out!!! What a story to tell!!
    And you came out with the camera!!!!!! Can't wait to relay this story to Mark!!

    Praying for Gage and for your travel- all of you.
    Love and can't wait to see you all!!!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris or Tom,
    Can you please e-mail me. I just stumbled onto your blog. My e-mail is JWagz14@comcast.net. My name is Jamie Wagner, my wife is Joanna. We just completed the year long adoption process, just got registered with Hungary, and are on the verge any day now of getting a referral to head over to Hungary to adopt 3 siblings. I'm so excited, I have not even read your entire blog, but I plan to tonight. My grandfather is from Hungary, so we have ties there as well. I would love to talk with you. We have a Facebook called "The Wagner Hungarian Adoption" with about 140 members already. We live in Atlanta, where are you guys from? Hope to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete